“Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.”
Romans 8:34 informs us that Jesus is now at the right hand of God making intercession for us.
John chapter seventeen shows the Lord Jesus Christ pouring out His heart for His disciples. “I pray for them. I pray not for the world, but for them which you have given me; for they are yours.”
Jesus then prays for you and me, for our loved ones, for all that will eventually believe on Him as their Lord and God and as the only way to eternal life. “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them which shall believe on me through their word.”
Jesus prayed to His Father asking for:
- Security-“Holy Father, keep by your Name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.”
- Victory over Satan-“I pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil one.”
- Sanctification-“Sanctify them through your Truth: your Word is Truth.”
- Unity-“That they all may be one; as you are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may know that you have sent me.”
- Glorification-“Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me.”
Cooperating with Jesus:
- You and I are secure in Jesus because we believe in Him and because He is praying for us.
- You and I will have victory over the devil because we resist him and because Jesus is praying for us.
- You and I will be sanctified because we abstain from evil and because Jesus is praying for us.
- You and I will become one with Christ because we yield our selves to His Holy Spirit and because He is praying for us.
- You and I will experience His Glorification because we are looking for His return and because He is praying for us.
Before anyone can be rescued, they have to be willing to be rescued, and they have to cooperate with the one trying to rescue them. Jesus has given us the means to be rescued through His intercession for us. You and I have to be willing to surrender our faith and will to Him enabling His Living Word to bring forth the answers to His prayers.
God knows how to bring circumstances into each life to align our desires with His.
- Jonah decided to not to help God save Nineveh.
- God sent a storm causing Jonah to be cast overboard.
- God prepared a whale to swallow Jonah.
- Jonah cried out to God in the belly of the whale.
- God caused the whale to vomit Jonah onto dry land.
- Jonah decided to cooperate with God and preach to Nineveh.
- Nineveh was saved.
“Will we use those circumstances to help fulfill His prayers for us?”