November 9, 1938, saw Jewish homes, synagogues, hospitals, schools, businesses, and cemeteries, looted and destroyed. Shattered glass littered the streets as thousands of Jewish people were killed or arrested for the crime of being Jewish and sent to concentration camps. Kristallnacht meaning night of crystal became the night of broken glass.
A Rabbi once stated that the meaning of the words of Moses to Israel, “You are standing here today, all of you, before Hashem, your G-d,” was a response to the question, “How is it possible for us to withstand such curses?”
The Rabbi said, “You are still standing”; you have committed sins which angered Hashem, and yet He did not destroy you. Therefore, your standing here before Hashem today should reassure you that you will withstand the curses, and survive.”
The Jewish people have been persecuted since God called Abraham to father a nation to be a witness to the world of His sovereignty. Israel has endured what no other people have ever suffered, yet they are a miracle nation today in spite of worldwide opposition. They are still standing before Hashem in the assurance that they will survive to rule the world with Jesus Christ shortly.
“Thus says the LORD, ‘I will return to Zion and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD of hosts will be called the Holy Mountain.” (Zechariah 8:3)
Endurance meaning from Greek words, hupo, and meno.
“To remain, to tarry behind, to abide, to persevere absolutely under misfortunes and trials to hold fast to one’s faith in Christ, to bear bravely and calmly.”
Merriam-Webster dictionary defines endure as, to continue in the same state or to last. To remain firm under suffering or misfortune without yielding, about acceptance or tolerance, to undergo especially without giving in.
Have you experienced a night of broken glass?
What has life thrown at you?
Cancer, serious illness, disability, loss of loved ones, broken homes, broken relationships, addictions to drugs, alcohol, violence, physical, mental, sexual abuse, financial stress, loss of job, eviction from home, utilities cut off, conviction of a crime, are just a few hardships life can send across your path.
How did you react? How will you react? Are you still here?
The fact that you are still standing and God sees you is an assurance that you will survive whatever God allows coming your way!
Jesus promised us eternal life if we endured to the end and James says God has promised a Crown of Life for those who love Him and remains steadfast under testing.
Matthew 24:13, “But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”
James 1:12, “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.”
No matter how many times the devil tried to destroy Job’s family, possessions, and his health; he had angels of protection around him day and night.
- The angels didn’t protect his children from death because God saw that eternal life with Him was greater than earthly life.
- The angels didn’t protect his property from destruction because God saw buildings prepared for Job made with His own hands that would never decay.
- The angels didn’t protect his heath from deterioration because God saw a new body prepared for Job-like unto the glorified body of Christ that would never suffer pain again.
- God didn’t give Job any answers as to why he had to suffer so much loss and pain because He knew Job would understand as he is understood when he stood before Him.
- God didn’t stop his friends and others from adding to his misery with their ill-conceived words and opinions because He allowed Job to feel His Presence giving him strength to endure it all to the end of the trial.
- In the end, Job received double of all that he had lost and a priesthood over others to make intercession for their sins.
- Job had seven sons and three daughters on earth, and now in heaven, he has 14 sons and six daughters.
- Job had much wealth in houses, lands, and livestock on earth; now in heaven, he has double all that which cannot decay.
- Job had a body on earth that lived to 140 years and was allowed to see four generations of his offspring, while in heaven God gave him a body that will never age or feel pain ever again.
Israel will endure because she is still standing here before her God and He has promised to rule with her in Jerusalem. This is what the Middle East Crisis is all about; keep watching for soon you will see Daniel’s prophecies fulfilled.
You may be wondering if God still loves you in the midst of your pain and suffering….the answer is Yes God Loves YOU! He is not through with you yet or He would have already ended your earthly life. He sees the broken glass scattered all around you. He is there to help you endure the destruction. He has His angels around you making sure the devil does not do more than he is allowed. He will visit you in times of refreshing. He will provide double for you in heaven as you choose to endure by His strength.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” (Philippians 4:13)